The Liebster Award
What the heck is a “Liebster?” Does it come with clarified butter? (Thanks, S.G., for the joke.) ”Liebster” is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. That’s a lot of work for one little word!
On February 6th, I was honored to receive the Liebster Blog Award — thanks to my SHU friend, Katie Kenyhercz (http://lovemewrite.blogspot.com/ — and congrats, btw, on your new book!). The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 200? Do people really get 200 followers? Wow.
Here are the rules for receiving the award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions here, or make up your own.
3. Choose 7 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
Eleven things about me and 11 questions I’ve answered:
I looove cookies of all kinds; my favorite hockey team is the Red Wings; swore I’d never own an e-reader but that didn’t last long; rescued a dog, another first; love baking or cooking; I truly hate cleaning the house; love old movies; loathe commercials at the movies; collect angels; love Tiffany lamps and windows; love playing games, cards, outdoor games too.
1. Beach or mountain holiday? Mountain! But only at a distance. I just don’t wanna be going UP them or be ON them.
2. Where in the family do you come? Middle, totally. 4 of 6 (too bad I didn’t have a chance to be Seven of Nine, darn)
3. Dog or cat person? I love all animals, so both. But dogs rule, and my cat drools. REALLY.
4. What’s your favorite season and why? Autumn with falling leaves, cooler nights and frosty mornings, apple orchard visits, pumpkins and a brand new school year.
6. What’s the last movie you watched? The Hobbit, second time. I’m a Middle Earth geek.
7. What’s your favorite weather and why? Cool and breezy lower 70s, or even upper 60s. Sweatshirt weather.
8. What would you like to be written on your tombstone? “Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.” (Author unknown – go figure)
10. When and why was the last time you giggled uncontrollably? My CP and I often get into belly-aching whooop-dee-doo-ha-ha-ha fits of uncontrollable laughter, about God only knows what tickles our fancy at the time. I only remember how my abdomen muscles ache and get a great workout!
11. What’s your favorite photo on display? My daughter when she was in Kindergarten with her “Bun” – the Velveteen Rabbit. So adorable.
Here are the bloggers that I am awarding the Liebster Award to. Visit them at their blogs and congratulate them — then follow them!
S. G. Rogers — Child of Yden
J. F. Jenkins — J.F. Jenkins Writes
Jessie Andersen — The Rabid Writer
Brenda Maxfield — Brenda Maxfield
Iris Blobel — Dare to Live Your Dream
Missy Lynn Ryan — Official Blog